Accept

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros para mejorar la experiencia de navegación y ofrecer contenidos y servicios de interés.
Al continuar con la navegación, entendemos que se acepta nuestra política de cookies.

Capilla de la Soledad

capilla soledad
Adrress C/Soledad s/n 33201 - Gijón GijónAsturias
Localization

Description

Chapel of Our Lady of Solitude

Built in 1674 on the initiative of Antonia Valdés Llanos, the original chapel was dedicated to Our Lady of the Assumption. It is nowadays home to the Fishermen's Association of Gijón, which preserves the tradition of the ancient mariners’ guild.

The small chapel has a wooden choir and square apse covered by a groined vault.It is simply decorated outside, the ornamentation being limited to the protruding dressed stone around the doorway. The side wall features a loophole crowned with a scallop shell.