Gijón with the family
If you have children, or you are one of hundreds of babysitter grandparents, or your brother has “tricked” you into acting as an uncle during the holidays, you can continue reading this article. We’re going to explain why Gijón is an ideal destination to visit with kids.
- First, because its extensive range of
accommodation offers you hotels, apartments and bungalows with families in
- Children are welcome at loads of the city’s hotel and catering establishments, which have special menus, high chairs for your little ones and space for outdoor play at the end of the meal.
- The museums are not boring. Quite the opposite! Ride on a steam train at the Railway Museum, climb a “fairy tale” tower at the Laboral or discover the city’s Roman past accompanied by a faun at Veranes - these are just some of the activities on offer for you to do.
- The sea is not just for the summer. You can enjoy the water slides at the Talasoponiente seawater spa... while very nearby, you'll find all the world's oceans at Gijón Aquarium.
- In the summer, to the beach. The borough boasts ten beaches where you can choose between making sandcastles, jumping the waves or catching them (with a surfboard) or trapping crabs in the rock pools. Sounds good, doesn’t it?
- For its many activities throughout the year, to enjoy on your own or with the family: water sports(sailing, surfing, kayaking, etc.), children's workshopsat museums, the Laboral and the Aquarium, thePassport to Nature and camping at the Botanic Gardens, storytelling, and so on.
- A long list of must events such as the arrival of the TRH the Three Wise Men from the Orient at the Marina, the European Theatre Fair for Children (FETEN), To See the Whalestreet events, the Solstices and Equinoxes at the Botanic Gardens, Mercaplana and so on throughout the year.